The 2021/2022 Budget has been adopted. Thank you to everyone who submitted feedback as part of the consultation process.
Download: 2021/22 Draft Budget.
The 2021/22 Draft Budget includes:
This year's budget features a strong Capital Works program, valued at $137.66 million, made up of roads ($60.96 million); buildings ($41.66 million); recreational, leisure and community facilities ($9.82 million); footpaths and cycle-ways ($1.15 million); bridges ($4.22 million); library books ($450,000); and public art ($214,300).
The budget includes an average rate increase of 1.5 per cent, below the State Government rate cap and in recognition of financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Draft Budget highlights include:
- Construction of Bridge Road Recreation Reserve Pavilion ($4.97 million)
- Construction of the Mt Atkinson East Community Hub ($8.46 million)
- Expansion of the Melton Recycling Facility Stage 2 ($6.05 million)
- Signalisation of the intersection at Taylors Road and Westwood Drive ($4.80 million)
- Caroline Springs Boulevard and The Crossing, Caroline Springs ($2.00 million)
- Taylors and Sinclairs Road, Deanside ($3.38 million)
- Duplication of Hume Drive ($2.00 million)
- Urbanisation of Bulmans Road ($4.65 million)
- Extension of Boundary Road from Mt Cottrell Road to Mall Road, Melton ($4.41 million)
- Extension of Taylors Hill Youth and Community Centre ($1.60 million)
- Completion of Cobblebank Indoor Stadium, Pavilion and Grandstand ($6.00 million)
- Construction of Diggers Rest Community Pavilion and Oval ($6.19 million);
- MacPherson Park redevelopment Stage 2 ($4.88 million);
- Construction of Melton Recreation Reserve Pavilion ($3.30 million)
- Sports field upgrades at Burnside Heights Recreation Reserve ($1.53 million)
- An $85 pensioner rebate will also be available to eligible property owners.
We encouraged the community to comment on Council's Draft Budget between Tuesday 13 April and Thursday 13 May 2021.
Thank you to everyone who submitted feedback.