Planning for stage two of the Melton Recycling Facility is underway.
The upgrade aims to meet the following objectives:
- develop a waste management facility that meets the needs of local residents and businesses now and into the future
- develop an operation that will promote best practice waste management activities
- maximise opportunities for the diversion of re-useable materials from landfill.
The redevelopment will deliver:
- a drive through resource recovery shed
- a new re-sale shop
- a new general waste disposal shed allowing for additional resource recovery and storage capacity
- better vehicle access through the site.
These upgrades have been jointly funded by Sustainability Victoria and the Metropolitan Waste and Resource Recovery Infrastructure Fund.
Council sought your input via an online survey into a number of items to help us to design a facility to meet the needs of our community.
Survey closed: 5.00pm, Friday 14 August.