The draft Budget was on public exhibition from Tuesday 13 April until 5pm Thursday 13 May 2021.
Download: 2021/22 Draft Budget.
The 2021/22 Draft Budget includes:
A Capital Works program, valued at $137.66 million, made up of roads ($60.96 million); buildings ($41.66 million); recreational, leisure and community facilities ($9.82 million); footpaths and cycle-ways ($1.15 million); bridges ($4.22 million); library books ($450,000); and public art ($214,300).
A proposed rate increase of 1.5 per cent, below the State Government rate cap and in recognition of financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Draft Budget highlights include:
- Construction of Bridge Road Recreation Reserve Pavilion ($4.97 million)
- Construction of the Mt Atkinson East Community Hub ($8.46 million)
- Expansion of the Melton Recycling Facility Stage 2 ($6.05 million)
- Signalisation of the intersection at Taylors Road and Westwood Drive ($4.80 million)
- Caroline Springs Boulevard and The Crossing, Caroline Springs ($2.00 million)
- Taylors and Sinclairs Road, Deanside ($3.38 million)
- Duplication of Hume Drive ($2.00 million)
- Urbanisation of Bulmans Road ($4.65 million)
- Extension of Boundary Road from Mt Cottrell Road to Mall Road, Melton ($4.41 million)
- Extension of Taylors Hill Youth and Community Centre ($1.60 million)
- Completion of Cobblebank Indoor Stadium, Pavilion and Grandstand ($6.00 million)
- Construction of Diggers Rest Community Pavilion and Oval ($6.19 million);
- MacPherson Park redevelopment Stage 2 ($4.88 million);
- Construction of Melton Recreation Reserve Pavilion ($3.30 million)
- Sports field upgrades at Burnside Heights Recreation Reserve ($1.53 million)
- Purchasing land for the Plumpton Aquatic and Leisure Centre ($4.00 million)
- An $85 pensioner rebate will also be available to eligible property owners.
Feedback is now closed. Thank you to those who submitted feedback online, via email and by mail.
Submissions will be considered in accordance with Section 96 of the Local Government Act 2020 and section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989 at a meeting of the section 223 Submission Committee of Council commencing at 7pm on Thursday 27 May 2021.
If you wish to be heard in support of your written submission you must request this in your submission.
The 2021/2022 Budget is proposed for adoption at a meeting of Council to be held on 28 June 2021.